"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire" -- Charles Bukowski

Monday, August 15, 2011

DIY Bathroom Storage: No Bending

 
I have a bad back, bad hips, and bad knees. Obviously any type of bending is both painful and difficult, and living in a dorm made storage that wasn’t in a low cabinet or under my bed scarce. I stumbled upon this DIY project and thought it was absolutely perfect for my bathroom and eliminated having to crouch and dig under my dorm room sink for my hair stuff. Sure it requires a slight tilt at the waist, but that is nothing compared to having to bend my knees and get low.

Use hook-and-loop tape to attach 5-in. lengths of 2-in.- diameter PVC pipe to the vanity door to hold the curling irons. Do the same thing with 3-in. pieces of 1-1/2-in.-diameter pipe to hold the cords. Just measure your curling irons to see how long your “holsters” need to be. Let your curling irons cool before you stow them away.
Super simple DIY trick. Click through for the source to see other DIY bathroom storage ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...