"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire" -- Charles Bukowski

Saturday, August 13, 2011

  • The handicapped parking space I choose to use is not your designated space, you obnoxious elderly woman who walks better than I do, so stop yelling at me for “stealing” your so-called designated spot.

  • Fatigue does not equate to simply being tired. Put fifty soaking wet duvet covers over your head and take a xanax, lose the ability to think clearly, drop bricks on your body, then raise your temperature to 102 degrees F while trying to function normally and tell me that what you’re feeling is simply being tired, because that is the only way I know how to describe fatigue.

  • I will say this again: your magical healing crystals will not cure me.

  • No, I am not sick because I do not have a close relationship with God. I am sick because of genetics and because my immune system does not function correctly.

  • “You don’t come off as a sick or unhappy person” — that is because A. you have only known me for about one minute, B. I have chronic illnesses that are not always visible when I am standing in front of you for less than five minutes, and C. Being sick does not mean I have to be an unhappy person.

  • My grandmother kept track of every book she ever read on index cards. I found them after she passed in the back of her closet. I’m doing the same thing, only I’m using a goodreads account. I’ve been reading a lot lately, so if you have any book recommendations please feel free to share :)

  • Low fat white chocolate mochas are the shit.

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog via someone's Tumblr. This was such a great list I had to respond. I'm about twice your age and have MS, among other things, but I too have problems with nasty people when I use my parking placard. It's such a terrible feeling! Your description of fatigue is one of the best I've read. I might have to quote that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback :) Yeah it definitely is a horrible feeling, but it makes for a strangely humorous story to tell later :) Hope you are feeling (relatively) well today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...